If you want to start a business online, you will find thousands of companies and individuals who want to sell you information and tools to help you get started. However, since you are just starting out, you will be better served by taking advantage of free internet resources for a newbie. Here are eight resources to get you started in the right direction.
1. PayPal.com – PayPal will allow you to collect payments from customers, even if they do not have a PayPal account. For business purposes, you can sign up for either a Premier Account or a Business Account, and for both types, you can get an ATM debit card for the account, all free of charge. With PayPal, you will not need an expensive merchant account to collect payments from your customers. Be sure to explore all that PayPal has to offer you as a business owner, including the PayPal marketplace.
2. SnapPages.com – This free service allows you to build your website pages, even if you
do not know the first thing about creating web pages. The simple drag and drop features are excellent for someone who is just starting out. With this service, you can literally have your business website up and running in a matter of minutes. The free service is limited, and there are options to upgrade that are available for a fee, but the free service will definitely get you started.
3. FileGuru.com – This is an online file sharing site. Here, you will find numerous business applications and information all for free, and all available for immediate download. This site will save you a great deal of money, but none of the files that are available for download are pirated, so you won’t be breaking any laws.
4. OpenOffice.org – This is the best alternative to Microsoft Office, which costs hundreds of dollars. This software is free to download, and includes a word processor, a spreadsheet application, and a database application. You can also create Power Point presentations with the Open Office Suite. You will find yourself using the programs in the Open Office Suite again and again while starting and running your online business.
5. Small Business Administration – This is an invaluable free resource for those who want to
start a business, as well as for those who are already in business. Here, you will find information about every aspect of starting a business, as well as numerous free resources, such as business plan templates and marketing plan templates. Many people often think that the SBA is only a valuable resource for those who are starting brick and mortar businesses. In the past that may have been true, but today, the SBA has valuable resources for those who are starting online businesses as well.
6. Google.com – Google is so much more than just a famous search engine. By opening a free Google account, you will have access to powerful programs that you can use in your online business. These programs include Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail and more. As you start and grow your business, you will find that Google is very important to you.
7. BizInfoLibrary.org – This is one of the best free internet resources for a newbie starting a business online. Here, you will find any information that you need that relates to starting and running a business. The site has an excellent ecommerce section that you will find very useful.
8. My Own Business.org – My Own Business offers excellent free courses and resources for anyone who wants to start a business. There are two courses available. One is for starting a business, and the other is for growing a business. You will also find many additional free business resources through this site as well. Another advantage of this site is that it is a non-profit organization, which means that they are not trying to sell you anything.
Starting an online business does not have to be hard or expensive. In fact, by using free internet resources for a newbie, you could essentially get your business up and running without investing any money at all. I hope this information will help you in your on-line endeavours.