Content from sherifabdou.com -
20 Reasons on why you should NOT use Ebay to sell your products:
- 1 Sellers can NO longer leave negative feedback for a buyer , talk about level playing field. This is a real shame if the buyer is some Nigerian fraudster.
- 2 Paypal Holds your money for anything sold on ebay for 21 days. So they get to collect interest on YOUR money while you have to ship out the item while being at risk that if the customer makes just ONE complaint , you loose your money and shipment. This is just NOT practical for any business models to expect to wait 21 days for a source of revenue to flow in. STUPID Ebay !
- 3 As of now , you have NO alternatives other than to Ebay’s "safe" Paypal. So many people are gonna get screwed over with chargebacks and Paypal fees. It’s a shame really that you can’t even use checks as those are not safe anymore , as far as Ebay is concerned. Oh and Google checkout is not safe either , Ebay says HAH !
- 4 If you use or even mention in your auction description that you do not accept Paypal and want something such as Google Checkout then you will be Automatically Banned no questions asked.
- 5 It seems every 6-12 months they jack prices up with no warning (I wonder if they will hire actual humans to help customers on Ebay . . . . )
- 6 There are no human beings to help you , just Robots and more bots who give you the most automated responses in the world. (The robots don’t care about your feelings or problems)
- 7 This is my personal favorite , anyone including competitors can get your account banned by reporting you. For example userXYZ is selling counterfeit items , you usually get banned in 1 week within a report’s time period. I hear many scummy sellers do this to weed out the competition. (No there is no defense for this if it happens , it happens Ebay doesn’t care, they have their fee money from you already)
- 8 It seems that Ebay loves to charge you for fees even though you didn’t sell anything !
- 9 If you loose your password , Ebay reps will tell you that they can not reset your password but instead will send you an email with a form asking things such as "What is your mother’s maiden name" , If you were like me and just put something really random your screwed.
- 10 Ebay changes the rules if you sell a Next Generation Console and you must show a recepit and such for example when the PS3 launched.
- 11 The one complaint I hear many ebayers is if the winning bidder flakes out , you send an offer to the runner up winner in the auction , but Ebay takes ANOTHER cut in profits from you. C’mon Ebay are you serious ?
- 12 As of recent , If as you list your auction Ebay has a cute description telling you that Ebayers appreciate free shipping and that your shipping should not cost much , and if you are selling a laptop and charge lets say 19.99 for shipping with UPS. Ebay has the balls to tell you that your charging too much. Okay Ebay please , I beg you tell me how much it costs for a Box to hold a laptop , the bubble wrap , as well as the actual shipping with insurance + tracking. The kicker is if they think your charging too much or if someone reports you then you get your auction pulled & you might get banned.
- 13 If your ebay is suspended , the only way to get your account back is to fax them your Driver’s license , a Bank Statement or Utility Bill & life story to them via a fax # that does not work. (Most Likely NOT MEANT TO WORK, because they don’t hire human beings with the profit they make every 6-12 months via price hikes)
- 14 The new seller ratings Ebay started is skewed by buyers as not all buyers will give an honest answer about how accurate your description of the product is , how fast you shipped it and if your communication skills are up to par. Give me a break!
- 15 Seller Warnings do NOT go away over time like Speeding Ticket Points do. Each warning essentially reduces the lifespan of your account so the next one may get you suspended.
- 16 Ebay will disclose any and all of your information including financial to law enforcement according to this site.
- 17 PayPal claims that they will fight chargebacks, but read this before you fall for that one.
- 18 If you get a chargeback from Paypal , the agents do no help you not even 1%. It is all automated and if you call them with proof of delivery from a carrier such as FedEx or UPS they still won’t believe your side. Don’t get caught by their trap by using paypal!
- 19 Ebay OWNS PAYPAL , so you get hit 3 times before you get your money A) Before Sale B) After Sale Thanks Ebay for TRIPLE dipping! C) Paypal Fee
- 20 If you run your own website and mention it in your auction , expect to get the BOOT !
Now is the time for you to think all the other options. Check out our
Mavista eShop Packages